For those in the business ProWein is the biggest event of the year, and in no time at all I will be in Düsseldorf for this amazing day.
For those who don’t know, ProWein is one of the largest and most important wine trade fairs in the world and held annually. With thousands of exhibitors coming from around the world, ProWein is the perfect place to discover new wines, connect with fellow industry professionals, or simply just make connections in the world of wining and dining.
If you’re planning to attend ProWein 2023, here are a few tips from me to make the most of the experience:
- Plan ahead: First and most important. With so many exhibitors, it’s important to plan ahead to make the most of your time at ProWein. Before you even step in door, take some time to research who will be there and what you want to see. Make a schedule so you can see and taste everything you want to experience, even if you don’t stick to it.
- Wear comfortable shoes: You always forget how important taking care of your feet is, until it’s several hours in and they’re really starting to ache. ProWein is going to be massive, with over 6,000 exhibitors from more than 60 countries. Be prepared to do a lot of walking, so make sure to wear comfortable shoes that can keep up.
- Bring business cards: ProWein is a great place to network and connect with other wine professionals. Make sure to bring plenty of business cards to hand out to potential partners, clients, or collaborators. However, it iss still up to you to make enough of an impression for them to give you a call.
- Taste everything: With reason of course. ProWein is all about discovering new wines and flavours. Make sure to taste as many wines as possible, and take notes on the ones that stand out to you. Write them down if you must. This will help you remember the wines you liked and make informed decisions when you’re back in the office.
- Attend seminars and events: ProWein offers a range of seminars and events, from educational sessions on wine production to tastings of rare and exclusive wines. Make sure to attend a few of these events to expand your knowledge and enhance your overall experience.
Being able to go toDüsseldorf for ProWein 2023 in is an exciting opportunity for any wine professional. We get to discover something new, connect with colleagues, and stay up-to-date on industry trends. By planning ahead, wearing comfortable shoes, bringing business cards, tasting everything, and attending seminars and events, you’ll be sure to make the most of your time at the trade fair.
I expect to see many of you there. And for those you can’t and instead must stay stuck at home, you can always have a taste of ProWein by dropping past my Euro Concepts Sydney. The friendly staff would love to help you find your new favourite drop and give you a taste of the global experience that wine has to offer.